I told you yesterday that we were rolling out something new and incredibly awesome. And here it is: Tasty Tuesday.
Each week, my boyfriend Pete and I will be checking the sales flier, picking out a few choice items, combining them with what you’ve probably already got in your pantry, and giving you an incredible recipe for dinner.
Okay, I’ll be honest. He’ll be doing the cooking. Because, if I was doing the cooking, you’d end up with some boxed macaroni and cheese concoction every week. Your taste buds with than Pete, that’s for sure.
So, the first Tasty Tuesday is homemade pizza.
What You’ll Need:
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Jiffy Pizza Crust Mix
- Minced Garlic
- Red pepper flakes
- Italian Seasoning
- Tomato sauce
What You’ll Do:
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix the box of Jiffy Pizza Crust Mix with a half cup of warm water in a bowl. Mix until mixed. (Don’t use a whisk; use a fork. We learned this the hard way.)
- Let dough sit for five minutes. Then remove and knead with flour.
- Spread it onto an oiled sheet. We used a 9×13 sheet. Bake two to three minutes.
- Add toppings (we used garlic, onion, Italian seasoning, anchovies, mozzarella, tomato sauce, and red pepper flakes. Choose what you like best). Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.