I’ve only ever had pumpkin pie once in my life. And when it was made, the baker told me that it wasn’t made correctly. So I haven’t had great experience with it. I’m super excited to have found the LIBBY’S® Famous Pumpkin Pie recipe.
I haven’t tried this recipe yet, but with LIBBY’s 100% Pure Pumpkin on sale at nearly every grocery store right now, I think that’s a sign to try it.
LIBBY’S® Famous Pumpkin Pie Recipe
What You’ll Need:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- Whipped Cream (optional)
What You’ll Do:
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated 425°F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.
Makes one 9-inch pie.