Combine the cheap pasta we got last week with the colder weather, and you’ve got the recipe for Tuscan Bean Soup.
Perfect for this weather we’re having in New York. Absolutely perfect. So perfect, my boyfriend made it last week using his mom’s recipe. The recipe is hers, as is, but we served it over shells.
Tuscan Bean Soup
What You’ll Need:
- Brown 1/2 pkg. Panchetta in 1-Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic — chopped
- 1 small onion — chopped
- 1 cup carrots
- 2 Tablspoons olive oil
- 2-15 oz cans cannellini beans (with liquid)
- 1-32 oz box reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2-3 tsp. dried Italian seasoning — crushed
- 1 5 oz. pkg. baby spinach
- Black pepper
What You’ll Do:
Cook + stir carrots + onion/garlic in 2-Tbl. olive oil over med-high heat for 3 mins. Add beans, broth + seasoning. Bring to boil slightly mashing beans. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add spinach to soup — cook until wilted. Serve with garlic bread — Enjoy!