When I was young and we would have get togethers, one of the adults would bring 7 layer salad. We would have it at tailgates, parties, wherever. I haven’t had it in so long, so I got hungry for it and decided to make it for our recent tailgate. I forgot how delicious it was.
This recipe makes so much, I was able to have it all week long for leftovers. Yup, my stomach was happy.
Even better, I got to use the 6-in-1 dish we got for our engagement (that I haven’t been able to use too many times before this).
7 Layer Salad
What You’ll Need:
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, broken in pieces
- 3/4 cups (about 4 stalks) celery
- 1/2 cup (about 1/2 of a) green pepper
- 1/4 cup (about 1/2 of a small) onion
- 1 package frozen peas, thawed
- 10 slices of bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 cups mayo
- 2 tbs. sugar
- 1 package (8 oz.) grated cheddar cheese
What You’ll Do:
In a glass bowl (a 6-in-1 server is perfect), layer ingredients in order given.
Add sugar to mayo and spread over the top as you would frosting.
Top with grated cheese.
Cover and refrigerate 12 to 24 hours.