Sponsored post by Mirum Shopper. All opinions are my own.
My summer tan is starting to fade. It’s kind of sad (it’s also really sad that this tan is from working the Farmers’ Market with Pete on Saturdays and taking walks in the park with my mom rather than from days at the beach, but that’s life).
A fading tan, combined with the fact that shorts and a tank top did not cut it the other night when I was enjoying coffee outdoors can only mean one thing: Winter Is Coming. And I don’t mean it in a Game of Thrones sort of way. No, I mean it in a “Your skin really needs to start preparing now” kind of way.
Don’t worry. I’m here to help. I put together a list of three things you can do now to get your skin ready for winter.
3 Things You Can Do Now To Get Your Skin Ready For Winter
Use lip balm.
No one wants to kiss dry, cracked lips under the mistletoe. That’s more painful than romantic. Get your lips ready for all those winter smooches by using lip balm now. You can use one in a tube or DIY a sugar scrub. Whatever you choose, just be sure to use it — and often. It will keep your lips hydrated, eliminating the need for you to lick your lips (which is part of the reason for chapped lips in the first place).
Leaves aren’t the only thing dying in winter. Your skin does too. I know, kind of gross, but it’s true. When your skin dies it forms a layer on top of your new skin and you want to get rid of it. So you exfoliate. You can do this with scrubs or body wash, whatever is easier for you. Just be sure to do it regularly. Your skin will rejuvenate often, so you want to make sure it’s healthy.
Your skin is thirsty, especially after you exfoliate. So be sure to use lotion on it after you shower, exfoliate, or go outside (especially if you do so without gloves!). But the kind of lotion you use is based on your skin type and what you’re hoping to accomplish.
- Dry, cracked skin. Opt for something with cocoa butter. Cocoa butter gets into your skin and heals from the inside out (similar to why people will tell you eating chocolate is healthy, but there’s more to it than just eating a chocolate bar and saying you’re healing your skin). If your skin is dry or cracked, go with something like Vaseline® Cocoa Ratiant Lotion. It is fast acting, non-greasy, and includes healing micro-droplets of Vaseline® Jelly to leave your skin stronger and more resilient (which you know I love!). It is also clinically proven to heal dry skin in 5 days* (*Based on twice daily application)
- Extra-dry skin. Is your skin really dry? Not just regular dry, but really, really dry? You’re in luck.Dove Extra Strength Lotion has an advanced formula for extra-dry skin. It combines rich, hydrating, and skin-nourishing oil into a fast absorbing formula to dramatically improve skin tone and texture.
- Sensitive skin. My skin is sensitive, so I have to be careful with what I put on my body. If you’re the same way, look for the St. Ives® Collagen Elastin Lotion. It is clinically proven to improve the healthy appearance of skin. Plus, it moisturizes dry skin all day long. But, even better, it is gentle for sensitive skin.
Now is a great time to save on lotion at Walgreens. Right now, you can get a Clip to Card Offer to save $1.50 on any ONE (1) Vaseline, St. Ives or Dove lotion (6.5oz-21oz). Excludes trial and travel sizes. Coupon available 9/11/16-10/8/16. Coupon expires 11/5/16.
Walgreens also has a few additional offers going on with these lotions too:
• 8/28 to 10/1: Buy $10 of Dove, Get FREE 8×10 Photo Print
• 9/11 to 9/17: BOGO-50% Dove products
St. Ives® Lotion:
• 8/28 to 10/1: Buy 2, Get 1,000 Points
• 9/25 to 10/1: BOGO-50%
• 9/25: Check your local paper for $1.50 off coupon
• 10/2 to 11/5: Buy $10 worth of Vaseline products, get a $2 coupon at the register good toward your next Way to Well product purchase at Walgreens.
• 10/2 to 11/5: BOGO-50%
• 10/23: Check your local paper for $1.50 off 10oz+ coupon
• 10/2 to 11/5: $2 off 2 Clip to card coupon
• 10/9 to 11/5: BOGO50% Dove products
St. Ives® Lotions:
• 10/2 to 11/5: BOGO50%