You remember the Barilla deal at ShopRite right?
How could you forget? It was last week. And the catalina is still printing this week. This week, the Barilla is on sale for 3/$5, which isn’t as good as last week when it was $.78 a box. But, hey, it’s still not that bad since you’re getting $2 back when you buy three. Use the $1/2 coupon from Sunday, and you can still get them for 3/$2.
Combine the 11 cent pasta [[that's what we got last week]] with the colder weather, and you’ve got the recipe for Tuscan Bean Soup.
Perfect for this weather we’re having in New York. Absolutely perfect. So perfect, my boyfriend made it last week using his mom’s recipes. The recipe is hers, as is, so it doesn’t mention the Barilla, but we serve it over shells [[which I don't know the name of, to be honest]].
What you’ll need:
- Brown 1/2 pkg. Panchetta in 1-Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic — chopped
- 1 small onion — chopped
- 1 cup carrots
- 2 Tablspoons olive oil
- 2-15 oz cans cannellini beans (with liquid)
- 1-32 oz box reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2-3 tsp. dried Italian seasoning — crushed
- 1 5 oz. pkg. baby spinach
- Black pepper
- Cook + stir carrots + onion/garlic in 2-Tbl. olive oil over med-high heat for 3 mins. Add beans, broth + seasoning. Bring to boil slightly mashing beans. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach to soup — cook until wilted. Serve with garlic bread — Enjoy!